Chapter 20: 23 YA and Middle Grade Books to Honor Hispanic Heritage Month

 This list, compiled by School Library Journal (SLJ) includes 23 books to celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month. The list includes fiction, nonfiction, and professional reading titles. These books focus on Latinx young people and their lives in North America. The list includes something for elementary through Young Adults to resources for teachers. The summaries are informative and encourage readers to check out the books featured. I enjoyed watching the video interviews with the authors included with two of the summaries. I have only read one of the books on this list, I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L Sanchez. The summary was spot on so I know I can trust the other summaries to be accurate. I plan to read more of these titles soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts