Infographics

 Infographics are a great tool to use when sharing data or information. They can show valuable ideas in a more appealing way. Infographics grab peoples' attention, awakens their interests and curiosity, and makes the data/information easier to understand. I always see infographics but have never created one on my own. I tried out three different web apps to find the one that was the most user-friendly. Here are my thoughts about each.


Easel.ly     www.easel.ly

When you log into easel.ly you are met with easy-to-use templates. I played around with the site and watched how-to videos, but was not able to create what I wanted. The images were not as expansive as I had hoped and required that you upgrade for more. This site was not user-friendly for a first-timer like myself. I had a difficult time creating what I wanted and after becoming frustrated, I moved on to another site. I am sure with more experience and an upgrade, you could create amazing infographics here, but it was not a good fit for me. 


Infogram    https://infogram.com

Infogram also has an extensive template library. I also like the different types of projects they provide templates for. Some of the projects to choose from are:
  • reports
  • dashboards
  • posters
  • social media posts
  • YouTube thumbnails and more!
This site was user-friendly for a first-timer and can be used to create amazing visuals. I was impressed with the images and templates available without an upgrade. I did not choose to use Infogram simply because I did not see a template that I wanted to use for sharing my particular data. This is a site that I would recommend to others for its ease of use.


Piktochart    http://piktochart.com

I chose Piktochart to create my infographic about social media use in 2021. The many templates provided include:
  • infographics
  • presentations
  • posters
  • reports
  • flyers and
  • social media
There is also a link titled "Inspire Me" that takes you to a gallery of examples made by other Piktocharters. It was easy to take a template and make it your own. Being new to infographics, this site made it simple to remove and add the images/graphics I wanted into my infographic. Inputting data to create charts and graphs was also easy to do. There is an option to upgrade, but I feel like I had plenty to work with using the free version. I recommend Piktograph as a good place to start creating infographics. You can see my creation below. 



Comments

  1. Wow! Your infographic is great. The use of print, color, and images made it easy to read and understand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts