Podcasts


 "Who is really using the public library?" - Podcast

This was a stressful assignment for me! I tried using many different apps and sites to create our podcast and I just could not figure them out. I first started with Podbean because I had used it before. I recorded the podcast on my phone but then I was not able to add music or send it to my laptop from my phone. I then downloaded Audacity but did not get very far there. It was a bit too technical for my current knowledge. Next, I tried using Zencastr. I thought this one was going to work, but after I recorded the podcast, I was stuck! I could not edit or figure out how to access it afterward. To be honest, I felt completely incompetent during this assignment. I finally ended up using Anchor after many hours spent trying to use other sites/apps. It was the easiest to use in terms of recording, saving, editing, adding music, and sharing. I would definitely recommend Anchor over the others, especially for a newbie! 

Some ways to use podcasting in your library and classroom:

  • Can be used to transform teaching and student engagement.
  • Can also be used to enhance research skills and writing into forward-thinking, creative, communication.
  • Can be used for reporting news or current events
  • Can provide book reviews or book talks
  • Can perform reader's theater/short plays
  • Students can create audio diaries
  • Can conduct interviews
  • Can be used for school meetings
The uses are unlimited for teachers, librarians, AND students! With practice and repeated use, podcasts can extend the learning and bring excitement for all learners. 

Some Podcasts for Librarians:

School Librarians United- dedicated to issues and challenges school librarians face every day. 

Children's Books Daily- dedicated to talking about books and reading for children of all ages and help you find the perfect book for the young readers in your life.

Circulating Ideas- facilitates conservations with the innovative people and ideas inspiring libraries to grow and thrive in the 21st century.


Here is the podcast Kathy Bliss and I created: Who is really using the libraries?

Comments

Popular Posts